October 04, 2007

All or nothing

Hmmm, seems I save up my posts and then have lots to say in one blog post rather than spreading it out a bit. I still have hopes of getting a bit more organised once A goes to school next week! Eek, freaking out slightly here. It should take me a good month at least to get my stuff together. I'm thinking of re-arranging all the bedrooms again. Not sure if all my scrapping stuff etc is going to fit in what is currently A's bedroom though... It's smaller than most people's walk in wardrobes! We'll see.

I'm doing Last Scrapper Standing again. Just got confirmation that I'm through to the second round. Pretty cool. I just want to see how far I can get this time. Last year I was one of the final 25 and then basically choked in the last round. It will be pretty hard to pull that off again.
Oh and I see that Lianne is through too! Yay! Congrats girl. Go the Kiwis!

We had to use 8 transparencies. And that is harder than it sounds! Here's my entry. For explanation what/where these 8 are go here.
I'm heavily into masking lately. Having lots of fun with paint and ink and just making a right mess. The October theme for Scrapgal is pretend. The newsletter comes out on the first of every month. You can sign up here. Trust me it's worth it. Great ideas and layouts every month. And we have blog that regularly gets updated with inspirational pieces.
I seem to scrap in bursts. I'll do something every day for a couple of weeks and then do nothing for a week or so. The Lime Tart October full tart has been sitting on my desk unopened for weeks now. The other day I finally opened it and made card. LOL. Well it's a start! Am planning a bit of a marathon tomorrow actually. Can't wait to sink my teeth into all that glorious American Crafts.
Saturday is World Card Making Day. Well that would be Sunday in our part of the world. Just Johanna (sold through Lime Tart) is celebrating with a host of challenges. They should be fun. Of course in typical Marieke fashion I forgot to sign up to host a challenge for them too. I truly meant to and then forgot. Doh! Check it out though, very cool prize to be won if you're into stamping.
Right, I'm off to bed and listen to the storm that's been battering us this last week of the school holidays. I'll leave you with another layout done for Scrapgal last week. Again, masking and lots of mess involved. ;-)

Oh no before I forget a special shout out to my dear friend Lyne. She's an amazing woman and I am truly thankful to have her in my life. She is such a kind and giving person. I know she reads my blog from time to time. The kindness she shows me really should come back to her three-fold. Lyne you are the best! Ik houd van jou (yes she speaks a bit of Dutch)

4 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh your layouts are beautiful!

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visit your blog everyday :)

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Gorgeous layouts - love the boy brain - might have to lift that one :)

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Beverley said...

Really, really love the believe one - mess is good, might have to give it a go. And the boy brain - so amazing in real life, the layers of transparency just don't show up the same on-line. ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home